New User, New to Fuze, in need of your assistance.

• F

Unfortunately, there is no way to invoke a smaller input() box. You will have to write your own input function in that case, you can show the soft keyboard (if you want to) with showKeyboard() and read the keyboard buffer with getKeyboardBuffer().

• F

The print() and printAt() help can be found under Command Reference -> Text Handling.

• You can use drawText(x,y,size,color,text) for move text in a game

• @Z-Mann said in New User, New to Fuze, in need of your assistance.:

Issues 1-3: Use the "HELP" button on the virtual keyboard or F1 on a real USB keyboard instead. The R button is for jumping to functions you defined yourself and therefore takes less of the surroundings into account; the HELP button will scan for the nearest function it has documentation for. And yeah, there is no contextual help for comment signs, probably because if you already typed them, the text color changes to grey and that is considered enough of help.

There is no stack depth limit on nested loops and if statements that I would be aware of, but for function calls, it's about 20. So avoid recursion, that gets you there quickly.

Thank you for your reply and explanation. I have tried the help button on the on-screen keyboard but it just brings up help from the beginning. I was surprised that context help would care if the parameters for a keyword or function had been filled out. It would be more helpful if the context help only cared about the keyword or function the cursor was placed over.

Does the Nintendo Switch Lite accept a PC USB keyboard or do I need to buy a Nintendo branded one?

Not sure what you mean by recursion. I assume you mean I need to keep the Function call outside of a loop so that it is only called once?

Thanks again for your reply.

• @vinicity said in New User, New to Fuze, in need of your assistance.:

I think you are correct about the sleep() command interfering with the screen shot functionality. Best practices is to avoid using sleep() in the main loop; better to use a counter or some sort of timer.

OK, thank you for your reply. Sleep() was in the tutorial videos so just assumed it was the way to go if one did not need to interact with the program at that time.

I will look into learning how to use the timers.

• @vinicity said in New User, New to Fuze, in need of your assistance.:

Unfortunately, there is no way to invoke a smaller input() box. You will have to write your own input function in that case, you can show the soft keyboard (if you want to) with showKeyboard() and read the keyboard buffer with getKeyboardBuffer().

I was thinking about that but was thinking that the resulting text would look odd using PrintAt() because the font is proportional. However, thinking about it, I think Print() and PrintAt() both use a text location attribute rather than pixel location so I will have to try it and see if it looks OK.

The other problem is I would have to write a whole load of code just to create the equivalent loop to 10 GET A$:IF A$="" THEN GOTO 10 loop. Using a single character high input box at the bottom of the screen via a single Input() command would be suffice for me.

Thank you for the tip though :-)

• @NextWithoutFor For your switch lite you can use an OTG to connect your USB keyboard.

And recursion means a function that calls itself.

• F

It has literally never even crossed my mind to use recursion. Never once!

• F

@toxibunny I use it at work sometimes, but not (yet) in Fuze.

• @Z-Mann said in New User, New to Fuze, in need of your assistance.:

Issues 1-3: Use the "HELP" button on the virtual keyboard or F1 on a real USB keyboard instead. The R button is for jumping to functions you defined yourself and therefore takes less of the surroundings into account; the HELP button will scan for the nearest function it has documentation for. And yeah, there is no contextual help for comment signs, probably because if you already typed them, the text color changes to grey and that is considered enough of help.

I have found Dave's update video on the forum and I think I understand how context help works now. When it does not launch automatically from the Right shoulder button, then I have to try the help key on the virtual keyboard immediately afterwards.