For the past few weeks, I’ve been expanding my game, Starlight, as a senior project. So far I’ve added 3 new mechanics, made a puzzle editor, and made an ID system for sharing puzzles.
Since I already have the puzzle editor done, and a system in place to share puzzles, I’ve decided to publicly release the puzzle editor so that anyone can make and share their own puzzles before release!
And here’s the cool part: If you make a good enough puzzle, I’ll feature your puzzle in the final game AND put your name in the credits!
I plan on having vastly more puzzles in the full release with a few community ones sprinkled in here and there.
Here’s the download key for the level editor: WB373MNDNP
If you haven’t played Starlight yet, here’s the download key for the original version: UT163MNDNP
There are 3 new mechanics to play with:
Colored barriers - only let wires of the same color pass through.
Inactive power sources - need to be powered before used.
Bubbles - let wires cross inside of them.
Here are the kinds of puzzles that I’m looking for:
- Puzzles that aren’t too easy or too hard.
- Puzzles that have an interesting solution.
- Puzzles that utilize one or more of the new mechanics.
Here’s how to share your puzzles:
- After you make your puzzle, tap the “share” button.
- You’ll need to solve your puzzle to verify that it’s possible.
- Once you solve the puzzle, it will give you a puzzle ID.
- Share a screenshot of the puzzle ID (or type it out) in any the following locations:
- Here on the Fuze Arena forum
- Discord (be sure to ping me)
Some extra things:
- The deadline for submitting puzzles is November 17th.
- You are allowed to share as many puzzles as you want, and multiple of your puzzles could be featured.
- I also want to be clear that, if your puzzle gets featured in the final game, you will not receive a cut of the sales; that would make things waaay too complicated haha.
If you have any questions, post them below or ask me on Discord.
Happy puzzle making!