Genial Chess VS.

• F

Fuze 2.15 fixed the crash problems I had with my chess program, which means that I can finally release it.

This is the two player version of Genial Chess. If all goes according to plan I will release a new version which lets you play against the computer some time later this year.

I have tried my best to get my game to adhere to all the official chess rules. I even included an in-game rules explainer!

Features in version 1.02:

• Two player chess using either vertical joy-cons/pro controllers, split joy-cons, or full touchscreen controls.
    • Settings menu to turn on/off music and rumble.
    • 14 page in-game rules explainer.
    • Official chess rules including checkmate, stalemate, castling, en passant, pawn promotion, insufficient material check, threefold repetition check, fifty-move rule, seventy-five move rule, resigning, and draw proposals.
    • Full on-screen algebraic notation.
    • Fireworks for the winner.

Share ID: 1YS23MND5C

• F

Also, I would like to officially nominate Genial Chess VS. to the Showcase Gallery.

• F

Looks like it’s had a lot of time and care put into it!

• F

I have just release version 1.03 of this.

Still no computer AI player, I'm afraid.

Features in version 1.03:

• Sped up the hand cursor.
    • Fixed a bug where pieces sometimes could only move a maximum of six squares instead of seven.

Same download ID. Please update for the latest version.

• F

I've had an idea, it might be totally rubbish so feel free to mock me ;)

Back in the late 70's MB Games came out with a weird Chess Tutor thing and yes I bought it. What it was, was a chessboard that had a transparent top and underneath there was a stack of A4 (or thereabouts) sheets and it taught you how to play, like starting with something ultra simple like how a pawn moves, that sheet would show you where to place the pieces and how they move. You went from sheet to sheet, placing pieces and learning their movements.

like this:-
    MB-Games-Chess-Tutor.jpg

I'm thinking you could add something like this to your game and it would be ideal for teaching people the basic moves and how to play?