FUZE Gamejam 18! 1st - 4th September // THEME: KEY
Submitted, can't wait to play your games 😀.
Dinocoder last edited by
Mine is submitted!
Devieus last edited by
Mine's in, rather proud of it.
AndyG1985 last edited by
I was sorry to have missed this but now caught up and wow, possibly the best yet! I’m going to just dump all the things I would have said live:
- My title was just a play on “through the keyhole”. The “hole” connection was merely a delicious coincidence..
- Not sure why the resolution is changed for my game-over screen, and also why the in-game text appears higher than it does for me. I guess with 3D games you have to pay more attention to docked vs handheld.
- Ffion’s first game on her own? Very cool.
- “The Key to my Heart” is just beautiful. I might look at “borrowing” some code for a Mario World-style map I have planned..
- Fantastic dolphin sprite, and some great visual effects in Key Racer (which looks tough but fun!). I will be playing the dolphin game first as I want to see how it ends.
- Am I the only one who suspects Steve as the secret Jumping Jack creator? This was perfect, in any case.
- Thanks once again Dave for a great few hours!
NN5SDNNDXR - "Key" by Isaac age 11
NXDCZDND5B - "Escape" by Ffion
H6P43MND5M - "Bomb or no bomb" by Richard
BM363MNDXH - "Through the Key's Holes" by AndyG85
SN643MND9K - "Crack Me" by LucasJG
SK8M3MND5C - "The Key to my Heart" by vinicity
N5GSBMNDHB - "Keyless Entry" by DaddyJDM
NHPCVMNDNV - "JumpingJack" by Gary Clarke
NXK72KBM5U - "KEY RACER " by Waldron
HXK73A41KZ - "Press Any Key" by Devieus
UXK73Y5M6F - "Saving Starfish Key" by Dinocode
Ffion may have had a little help (read lots) with the code.
In case anyone's interested Isaac's was working fine Saturday night, all the words were fitting on screen and the scroll full of instructions. He had been coding it docked, then for some reason he decided to add a setmode(1280,720) before submitting it without testing it. I only found this out during the stream. Anyway it can easily be fixed by changing the setmode to (1920,1080) or deleting the setmode and playing docked.
Everyone else seems to have increased the quality of their output, whilst I'm increasing the quantity by helping little people. I wasn't going to submit one of my own, due to a lack of ideas and time then my wife suggested the bomb or no bomb idea, which was simple enough to do in a couple a hours.
@Dave thanks for putting Isaac's and Ffion's right at the beginning of the stream.
I wonder who the mysterious Gary Clark is? Is he on the forum or the Discord?
In any case, an amazing gamejam entry! Well done!
@vinicity I can only tell you that this is the only thing they have shared